What is telemedicine?
- Define: the use of various forms of technology, such as video or audio calls, computers, etc. to deliver healthcare service. Can be delivered between a healthcare provider and a patient located remotely, or between multiple providers for collaboration.
- Is more present in the time of COVID pandemic
What is telepresence?
- Define: a virtual presence created by a healthcare provider that encompasses interpersonal, environmental, and technological factors.
- There hasn’t been explicit research surrounding steps for effective telepresence
What variables contribute to effective telepresence based on the literature? (Topic statement)
- Interpersonal skills
- Preparation and environment
- Technology-related factors
Impacts in healthcare field
- Motivating sessions/therapy with clients
- Patient satisfaction
- Ensuring meetings are productive, address all needs on the agenda for the meeting, etc.