Funded by a multi-year grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, The New Hampshire Humanities Collaborative (NHHC) is a close collaboration between New Hampshire’s higher education system of seven comprehensive community colleges and the College of Liberal Arts at UNH, the state’s flagship public and research-intensive university. NHHC’s overarching goal is to “enable students to pursue richer academic experiences and more rewarding professional and civic lives, empowering them to be effective participants in addressing the grand challenges of today and tomorrow.”
- Provide a holistic view of the humanities and their value in preparing students for civic and democratic lives.
- Create a collaboration of NH public education systems focused on what humanities can and should contribute to students’ education and engagement with grand challenges.
- Build on existing faculty and program linkages, expanding to benefit NH students, CC faculty and UNH College of Liberal Arts (COLA) faculty who wish to form stronger research and teaching collaboratives in the humanities.
- Call attention to the humanities’ role in community college programs that focus on career preparation and on pathways for students in the humanities from community college to bachelor’s programs.
- Embrace broad planning activities and faculty leadership.
Some of our Unique Programs: