The Personality Laboratory at the University of New Hampshire
Welcome to the website of the Personality Laboratory at the University of New Hampshire. The laboratory is supervised by Professor John D. Mayer and is part of the Social-Personality Program of the Department of Psychology. The work of the laboratory focuses on research in personality. Some research is theoretical in nature and other research is empirical. The lab's contemporary view of personality is guided by the personality systems framework.
The laboratory's empirical research is focused at present on studies of people-centered intelligences, including primarily personal intelligence and emotional intelligence, including how mental abilities are best conceptualized, measured, and their relationships to life outcomes. Other research concerns studies of lifespace measures and on new empirical methods for testing conceptual models of personality, such as methods for testing conceptual divisions of personality into key structural areas. We also continue our work in the measurement of mood states.
Courtesy of Taylor & Francis Publishing...50 free PDF reprints
Courtesy of Taylor & Francis Publishing...50 free PDF reprints of the just-published (2018) Employees High in Personal Intelligence Differ From Their Colleagues in Workplace Perceptions and Behavior (Journal of Personality Assessment).
To download your free PDF, use this link from the publisher: https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/Y5VE8wQPj7aa8NYUA4we/full
Recent featured articles: Full text online
- (2018) Intelligences about things and intelligences about people (in Robert J. Sternberg's "The Nature of Human Intelligence" from Cambridge University Press)
- (2017) A closer look at the Test of Personal Intelligence (in Personality and Individual Differences)
- (2017) Psychological predictors of cadet performance at West Point (new findings re. personal intelligence; in Journal of Research in Personality)
- (2016) The Ability Model of Emotional Intelligence: Principles and updates (in Emotion Review)
- TOPI-1.4-manual-distr-ver-2015-01-23.pdf: Please note: Much of the information in this manual has been updated in the 2017 article "A closer look at the Test of Personal Intelligence".
Books about Personal Intelligence
Textbooks about Personality and Personality Measurement
- The 2nd Edition (2018) is now available! See the Kindle edition here, and the soft-cover here.
- The Website for Personality: A Systems Approach