Katharine Anne Duderstadt
• Duderstadt, K.A., Huang, C.-L., Spence, H.E., Smith, S., Blake, J.B., Crew, A.B., Johnson, A.T., Klumpar, D.M., Marsh, D.R., Sample, J.G., Shumko, M., Vitt, F.M., 2021. Estimating the impacts of radiation belt electrons on atmospheric chemistry using FIREBIRD II and Van Allen Probes observations. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 126, e2020JD033098. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020JD033098
• Ernakovich, J.G. N. Eklund, R. K.Varner, N. Kirchner, J. Jeuring, K. Duderstadt, A. Granebeck, E. Golubeva, ASIAQ participants (2021). “Is a common goal a false hope in convergence research? Opportunities and challenges of international convergence research to address Arctic change.” Earth’s Future. In press.
• Duderstadt, K. and Sowers, J. Air Pollution and COVID-19 in the GCC and the Middle East (2020). The COVID Project. Center for International and Regional Studies. Georgetown University Qatar. https://cirs.georgetown.edu/news-analysis/air-pollution-and-covid-19-gcc-and-middle-east.
• Duderstadt, K. A., C.M. Ashcraft, J. F. Brewer, E. Burakowski, E., J. M. Coffin, J. E. Dibb, L. C. Hamilton, N. E. Kinner, L. A. Mayer, J. L. Miksis-Olds, J. Salisbury, K. D. Seger, R. K. Varner, and C. P. Wake (2018), "Preparing for a Northwest Passage: A Workshop on the Role of New England in Navigating the New Arctic" (2018). Earth Systems Research Center. 207. https://scholars.unh.edu/ersc/207
• Rahmanifard, F., N. A. Schwadron, C. W. Smith, K. G. McCracken, K. A. Duderstadt, N. Lugaz, and M. L. Goelzer (2017), Inferring the Heliospheric Magnetic Field Back through Maunder Minimum, ApJ, 837(2), 165, doi:10.3847/1538-4357/aa6191.
• Duderstadt, K. A., J. E. Dibb, C. H. Jackman, C. E. Randall, N. A. Schwadron, S. C. Solomon, and H. E. Spence (2016), Comment on “Atmospheric ionization by high-fluence, hard spectrum solar proton events and their probable appearance in the ice core archive” by A.L. Melott et al. , J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 121, doi:10.1002/2016JD025220.
• Duderstadt, K. A., J. E. Dibb, N. A. Schwadron, H. E. Spence, S. C. Solomon, V. A. Yudin, C. H. Jackman, and C. E. Randall (2016), Nitrate ion spikes in ice cores not suitable as proxies for solar proton events, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 2015JD023805,doi:10.1002/2015JD023805.
• Duderstadt, K. A., J. E. Dibb, C. H. Jackman, C. E. Randall, S. C. Solomon, M. J. Mills, N. A. Schwadron, and H. E. Spence (2014), Nitrate deposition to surface snow at Summit, Greenland, following the 9 November 2000 solar proton event, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 119(11), 2013JD021389, doi:10.1002/2013JD021389.
• Duderstadt, K.A. (1999), Summertime Tropospheric Ozone Photochemistry over the Western North Atlantic Ocean, Ph.D. dissertation, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
• Duderstadt, K.A., M.A. Carroll, S. Sillman, T. Wang, G.M. Albercook, L. Feng, D.D. Parrish, J.S. Holloway, F.C. Fehsenfeld, D. R. Blake, N.J. Blake, G. Forbes (1998), Photochemical production and loss rates of ozone at Sable Island, Nova Scotia during the North Atlantic Regional Experiment (NARE) 1993 summer intensive, J. Geophys. Res., 103, 13,531-13,555, doi:10.1029/98JD00397.
• Wang, T., M.A. Carroll, G.M. Albercook, K.R. Owens, K.A. Duderstadt, A.N. Markevitch, D.D. Parrish, J.S. Holloway, F.C. Fehsenfeld, G. Forbes, J. Ogren (1996), Ground-based measurements of NOx and total reactive oxidized nitrogen NOy at Sable Island, Nova Scotia, during the NARE 1993 summer intensive, J.Geophys. Res., 101, 28,991-29,004, doi:10.1029/96JD01090.
• Leadership and Management: Coordinator of the New England Arctic Network (NEAN) (nearctic.net). This role includes leadership of NEAN-sponsored workshops, including the NSF NNA Growing Convergence Workshop “Preparing for a Northwest Passage, a Workshop on the Role of New England in Navigating the New Arctic.”
• Atmospheric modeling: Sillman Photochemical-Transport Model (The University of Michigan); EPA Models-3 Community Multi-scale Air Quality Model (CMAQ); NCAR Whole Atmosphere Community Climate Model / Community Earth System Model (WACCM/CESM).
• WACCM/CESM modeling experiments on NCAR Bluefire, Yellowstone, Cheyenne HPC systems calculating atmospheric ionization rates, NOy production and O3 loss, and nitrate deposition from energetic particles. Hosted WACCM liaison Michael Mills at UNH through the UCAR UVisit program. Research Advisory Committee for the CC-NIE UNH Science DMZ (NSF #1340972), facilitating the use of NCAR WACCM products as a case study for high-speed data sharing during the construction of the UNH ScienceNet.
• Education and Outreach: UNH ESCI 896.05 & 796.05: Global Atmospheric Chemistry (2018, 2020); UNH PHYS440AH "Searching for Our Place in the Universe" (2021), Advised three undergraduate UNH students in independent research. Physics & Meteorology Teacher Newton Public Schools (2007-2011); Newton Teacher Residency certification program 2008-2009 (Physics and Earth Science); Special Education team science teacher (2009-2011); Educational Software Consultant, Concord Consortium 2010-2011; NNHS Blended Learning Task Force 2010-2011; Science Curriculum Writer, Weblessons/Learners Online 2006-2007; Blue Ocean Society Discovery Center volunteer (2016); U. S. Peace Corps Volunteer, Teaching English as a Foreign Language (high school, college, hospital staff, (1990-1992).
• Other: Intern for U.S. Senator Donald Riegle (MI) (1989) (focus on Clean Air Act Amendments); Westinghouse Science Talent Search Top 40 (1985).