Katharine A. Duderstadt
• Duderstadt, K. A., C.M. Ashcraft, J. F. Brewer, E. Burakowski, E., J. M. Coffin, J. E. Dibb, L. C. Hamilton, N. E. Kinner, L. A. Mayer, J. L. Miksis-Olds, J. Salisbury, K. D. Seger, R. K. Varner, and C. P. Wake (2018), "Preparing for a Northwest Passage: A Workshop on the Role of New England in Navigating the New Arctic" (2018). Earth Systems Research Center. 207. https://scholars.unh.edu/ersc/207
• Rahmanifard, F., N. A. Schwadron, C. W. Smith, K. G. McCracken, K. A. Duderstadt, N. Lugaz, and M. L. Goelzer (2017), Inferring the Heliospheric Magnetic Field Back through Maunder Minimum, ApJ, 837(2), 165, doi:10.3847/1538-4357/aa6191.
• Duderstadt, K. A., J. E. Dibb, C. H. Jackman, C. E. Randall, N. A. Schwadron, S. C. Solomon, and H. E. Spence (2016), Comment on “Atmospheric ionization by high-fluence, hard spectrum solar proton events and their probable appearance in the ice core archive” by A.L. Melott et al. , J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 121, doi:10.1002/2016JD025220.
• Duderstadt, K. A., J. E. Dibb, N. A. Schwadron, H. E. Spence, S. C. Solomon, V. A. Yudin, C. H. Jackman, and C. E. Randall (2016), Nitrate ion spikes in ice cores not suitable as proxies for solar proton events, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 2015JD023805,doi:10.1002/2015JD023805.
• Duderstadt, K. A., J. E. Dibb, C. H. Jackman, C. E. Randall, S. C. Solomon, M. J. Mills, N. A. Schwadron, and H. E. Spence (2014), Nitrate deposition to surface snow at Summit, Greenland, following the 9 November 2000 solar proton event, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 119(11), 2013JD021389, doi:10.1002/2013JD021389.
• Duderstadt, K.A. (1999), Summertime Tropospheric Ozone Photochemistry over the Western North Atlantic Ocean, Ph.D. dissertation, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
• Duderstadt, K.A., M.A. Carroll, S. Sillman, T. Wang, G.M. Albercook, L. Feng, D.D. Parrish, J.S. Holloway, F.C. Fehsenfeld, D. R. Blake, N.J. Blake, G. Forbes (1998), Photochemical production and loss rates of ozone at Sable Island, Nova Scotia during the North Atlantic Regional Experiment (NARE) 1993 summer intensive, J. Geophys. Res., 103, 13,531-13,555, doi:10.1029/98JD00397.
• Wang, T., M.A. Carroll, G.M. Albercook, K.R. Owens, K.A. Duderstadt, A.N. Markevitch, D.D. Parrish, J.S. Holloway, F.C. Fehsenfeld, G. Forbes, J. Ogren (1996), Ground-based measurements of NOx and total reactive oxidized nitrogen NOy at Sable Island, Nova Scotia, during the NARE 1993 summer intensive, J.Geophys. Res., 101, 28,991-29,004, doi:10.1029/96JD01090.
• •PI, NSF NNA Growing Convergence Workshop “Preparing for a Northwest Passage, a Workshop on the Role of New England in Navigating the New Arctic,” hosted by the University at New Hampshire. Project Leader, internally funded UNH Fall 2017 Arctic Seminar Series and January 2018 UNH Arctic Day workshop to stimulate interdisciplinary Arctic research at the University of New Hampshire.
• Atmospheric modeling: Sillman Photochemical-Transport Model (The University of Michigan); EPA Models-3 Community Multi-scale Air Quality Model (CMAQ); NCAR Whole Atmosphere Community Climate Model / Community Earth System Model (WACCM/CESM).
• WACCM/CESM modeling experiments on NCAR Bluefire and Yellowstone HPC systems calculating atmospheric ionization rates, NOy production and O3 loss, and nitrate deposition from solar proton events (as part of FESD Sun-to-Ice Project, NSF #1135432). Hosted WACCM liaison Michael Mills at UNH through the UCAR UVisit program.
• Research Advisory Committee for the CC-NIE UNH Science DMZ (NSF #1340972), facilitating the use of NCAR WACCM products as a case study for high-speed data sharing during the construction of the UNH ScienceNet.
• Education and Outreach: UNH ESCI 896.05 & 796.05: Global Atmospheric Chemistry 2018; Newton Teacher Residency certification program 2008-2009 (Physics and Earth Science); Special Education team science teacher (2009-2011); Educational Software Consultant, Concord Consortium 2010-2011; NNHS Blended Learning Task Force 2010-2011; Science Curriculum Writer, Weblessons/Learners Online 2006-2007; Blue Ocean Society Discovery Center volunteer (2016); U. S. Peace Corps Volunteer, Teaching English as a Foreign Language (high school, college, hospital staff), 1990-1992.
• Other: Intern for U.S. Senator Donald Riegle (MI) (1989) (focus on Clean Air Act Amendments); Westinghouse Science Talent Search Finalist (1985).