New hardware security threats occur in emerging three-dimensional (3D) integrated circuits (ICs). It is imperative to study the potential countermeasures for 3D ICs.
- We are investigating the security vulnerability of 3D ICs while considering different attack models across the IC supply chain. New hardware Trojan models and impact of 3D power distribution network noise on power-based side-channel analysis attacks are being studied.
- We are developing 3D-specific countermeasures at the layout, circuit, and architecture levels to produce trustworthy 3D ICs without relying a trusted foundry.
- Dofe J, Yan C, Kontak S, Salman E, Yu Q. Transistor-level camouflaged logic locking method for monolithic 3D IC security, in 2016 IEEE Asian Hardware-Oriented Security and Trust (AsianHOST). ; 2016 :1-6.
- Dofe J, Yu Q, Wang H, Salman E. Hardware Security Threats and Potential Countermeasures in Emerging 3D ICs, in Proceedings of the 26th Edition on Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI. New York, NY, USA: ACM ; 2016 :69–74.
- Dofe J, Gu P, Stow D, Yu Q, Kursun E, Xie Y. Security Threats and Countermeasures in Three-Dimensional Integrated Circuits, in Proceedings of the on Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI 2017. New York, NY, USA: ACM ; 2017 :321–326.
- Yan C, Dofe J, Kontak S, Yu Q, Salman E. Hardware-Efficient Logic Camouflaging for Monolithic 3D ICs . IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs. 2018;65 (6) :799 - 803.
- Dofe J, Yu Q. Exploiting PDN Noise to Thwart Correlation Power Analysis Attacks in 3D ICs, in Proceedings of the 20th System Level Interconnect Prediction Workshop. New York, NY, USA: ACM ; 2018 :6:1–6:6.